Don't Be Fooled By Paid Survey Scams!

Hi, my name is Scott Welch and I'm one of the creators & founders of Top Site Reviews a website dedicated to the purpose of reviewing online paid survey sites to determine which ones are for real and which ones are frauds and scams.

The purpose of this blog is to give a forum to regular people to post about their own experiences on various paid survey websites, to obtain feedback from users about which sites are for real and offer real paid survey opportunities, and which are simply wastes of time.

To describe myself, I am a regular 35 year old guy who lives in Salt Lake City. I'm single, and I personally have made money online (and continue to) by taking online surveys for different companies. I've also lost a good chunk of money and time on fraudulent sites that claimed to offer paid surveys and I'm sick of it, which is why I'm putting together this blog in hopes of getting some real feedback from real people.

In the spirit of sharing, I'm also offering my top picks of sites that I know from personal experience are real survey opportunities. Each of these are sites I have joined, and I'll give my personal experiences for each. Anyone who has experience with any of these companies/websites, please feel free to post your own comments below.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

What I can Personally Recommend

Here it is folks, the short list of the paid survey sites that I can personally recommend (I wish it was longer but sadly a lot of the so-called paid survey sites out there are just junk). As always, you can find more detailed reviews of these sites over on the
Top Site Reviews paid surveys webpage but here it is in short form:


My #1 Pick: Survey Absolute
Probably the best all-around paid survey site out there, Survey Absolute definitely has the largest selection of paid survey sites to register with. Very legitimate, not fly-by-night, and best of all they have a special offer where new members can earn over $280.00 on the first day (it takes a little work to do though, as I discovered. But an hour of work to earn $280 isn't bad at all). They are pricey, but in my opinion worth it, and really you could just join this one site and skip all the others but still make good money with paid surveys.


My #2 Choice: SurveyScout
It's been around for a long time, and there's a reason why. In fact SurveyScout is really the industry standard for the paid survey membership sites. I joined SurveyScout before I joined Survey Absolute and for me this used to be the best paid survey site out there. But it is old, it doesn't have as many listings as Survey Absolute and doesn't seem to be updated as often. It's a good second choice though and in my opinion isn't a scam or fraud. At least my experience with it was pretty good.


My #3 Choice: Top Dollar Surveys
With very good customer service, a well-organized directory and fairly easy to follow step-by-step intro, this site is a good choice for beginners. I found a lot of good survey companies listed here, and this is a solid site and service, at least in my opinion.


My #4 Pick - Instant Paid Surveys
I like this site, even though it's new on the scene. Good site navigation, of course there's a money back guarantee (all of these sites here have that) and some nice bonus directories of mystery shopping sites (sites where you can get paid to shop at stores or eat at restaurants). Is it a must to join this site? Not really (well, not if you've joined Survey Absolute, listed above). But it does give a few more paid survey sites... and every extra paid survey site you register with means more paid surveys.

So that's my top 4. I wish I had a top 5 at least, but there just aren't really a lot of other paid survey membership directories I've been that impressed with.

But feel free to comment and tell your own top 5 (or even top 10). And please feel free to comment on your experiences with any of the ones I've put in my top 4. That's what this blog is all about, getting feedback from others to make sure that the survey sites I'm recommending really are the best in the industry.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joined Survey Absolute about 2 weeks back. Big site, lots of stuff... mostly impressed. They've got an offer that they'll pay $10 to anybody who finds a paid survey site they don't have listed (which is why they've got such a big selection I think). Anyway I found a paid survey site they didn't have, submitted it, and the next day they paid me the 10 bucks. So they're for real on that, and I was impressed. For what it's worth...

Anonymous said...

I'm a newbie interested in doing this very part time at home. Any comments from anyone about how realistic it is to make money at this would be great to hear, and I think this blog is going to be very useful. I joined Survey Scout before running into this blog. Now I'm thinking I ought to join Survey Absolute too. Anyone know? Their site looks very good, and I'm thinking that the more survey companies I join up with the more paid surveys I'll get a chance to do.

Anonymous said...

can't speak to all the choices you've made, but survey absolute is a good choice. One that you didn't mention is express paid surveys and I thought they were pretty good too.

Anonymous said...

Got a quick question here. Thinking about joining some of these survey sites, over at topdollarsurveys they claim that in addition to the survey stuff they also give away some bonus material such as a mystery shopping service, an ebay thing, and somethinga bout getting paid for samples. I only care really about the mystery shopping service cause I was interested in that. Just wanted to know if anyone out there had joined them and if so how good is the bonus mystery shopping service section?

Anonymous said...

The bonus stuff is pretty crappy actually, at least IMO. But who really cares about that? Why would you judge any of these sites by the bonus stuff they offer? If you join a survey site it should be for the paid survey stuff they offer, not for some 'bonus' mystery shopping site. If you're serious about mystery shopping, join a mystery shopping site. Of all the survey sites I've joined, Survey Absolute probably has the best 'mystery shopping' section, but even that isn't all that great when compared to any of the paid mystery shopping sites. So not to come down on Sheila, but it's kind of the wrong question to be asking. Like for example there's a bonus thing on survey Absolute that gives all new members a chance to earn something like $250 dollars when they first join, which is true but really if you're just joining for that special offer and not for the fact that it's got a huge list of paid survey sites, than are you really serious about making money at this? This is something you should ask yourself before joining anything... bonus stuff is all well and good but you should join a membership site for what it primarily offers.